The history of the USA as an interactive journey through time
We take you back to the Pilgrim Fathers of the Mayflower, on the trek west, to the Native Americans, and to the slaves on the cotton plantations. Experience the colonists’ fight for their independence and the immigrants’ arrival on Ellis Island to begin a new life in the United States. You will also unearth the dark sides accompanying America's rise to industrial world power: oppression, exploitation, genocide.
A multimedia experience of history is awaiting you:
- More than 90 minutes of footage with shots at historic sites and expert interviews
- Numerous galleries of iconic historical pictures of US history
- Interactive maps and image analyses
- An interactive timeline and quiz pages
- A glossary and textual sources to gain in-depth knowledge
Our multi-touch book brings the past to life. It is perfect for all those who are interested in the excitement of history.
Your team at Anne Roerkohl dokumentARfilm GmbH
For questions and comments, please don’t hesitate to send us an email: email@example.com
Use in school
This book was tailored for teaching practice by experienced education experts:
- Films and materials are self-contained and can be used individually to prioritize specific themes.
- Films can be played in full or by chapter – so the 4-8 minutes’ clips can be watched and followed up within a school lesson.
- The tasks and skills pages can be used to work on the contents and to consolidate your knowledge.
- Main Film: “We the people” – The Clash of Three Cultures
- Module 1: European Immigration
- Module 2: The American Revolution
- Module 3: From Civil War to a Unified Nation
- Module 4: The USA as an Industrial Power
- Module 5: Media Analysis: “Scenes from American History” (1953)
- Module 6: Interview with Howard Zinn
- Skills Pages
- Further Reading